samedi 28 août 2010

THEY TOO MAY EMBRACE THE RATTLESNAKE by Charles Plymell

THEY TOO MAY EMBRACE THE RATTLESNAKE
By Charles  Plymell

"The Time of Nobody and Nothing has come."
----Elliott Coleman


I know the shipwreck is out there & spacesuit above the sunflower
But I have no god to pray to before the deep dark sleep takes over
There might be a hologram at the edge of space indeed to hold
Old captains afraid to sail beyond the seas tangled in the ropes

I have only chance to pray to and long for the bodies in my bed
Displayed in desperation on the screen flickering cooperations
That have claimed like figurines my possibilities & weary dream
Nothingness has ever been more profound to the boy on a bike

Peddling into unknown possibilities all over and again each day
Oblivious to the eternal connection of love beyond the playmate
Carrying in him the basic traits of human politics and a history
Of cheating, lying, stealing all tattooed once more in the years

To come clinging like lichen to the seawreck'd hope of shore
If only displayed in artificial form as parasite, vamp, old whore
I've climbed that rigging and never fell but to the hype & prize

I've held on to the wheel alongside the road of progress like
The grass, the weeds always half beaten down & sorrowful
Dandelion pride under the feet of those who walk unawares.

Aucun commentaire: